Every summer we hold a fund raising fete in Craiglockhart Woods to raise money to invest in projects and maintenance within the woods. It is a fun day for the whole community and for a very good cause. We run various stalls including home baking, tombola, books, plants, and many more as well as activities such as Beat the Goalie, Coconut Shy, face painting, pony rides through the woods, etc. We also sell refreshments and ice cream.
This year the fete will be held on SATURDAY 19th JUNE, 2-4pm.
We really need your help. The Craiglockhart Woods belong to us all and this year we are working hard to encourage the community – that means you! – to help make this year the best year ever.
Here are some suggestions for donations:
- Have a good spring clean and get rid of any unopened (and in date!) jars, bottles, sauces that you are never going to use. We can use them in hampers, tombolas etc.
- How about some bathroom ‘smellies’ – talcum powder, bubble bath, soaps etc?
- Blow the cobwebs off your old books – they take up space and we can sell them at the fete!!
- How about some alcohol?! Perhaps a bottle of wine or spirit for our raffle?
- If you are ‘handy’ perhaps you could make some cards, jewellery or similar that we can sell on the craft stall.
- Are you green fingered? Could you plant some seeds that would be ready to sell by the time of the fete? Our gardening stall always does well but last year we were very short of plants.
- Do you have gardening gift sets given at Christmas that duplicate items you already have? Give them to us – we can sell them at the fete.
- Do you run a local business? Could you offer gift vouchers or money off vouchers?
- Do you have too many mugs in your kitchen cupboard? We’ll take all your old mugs – we fill them with sweeties for the children at the fete.
Please help us in any way you can. The Woods belong to us all and without support we cannot continue to maintain and improve it. Spread the word. Make sure all your neighbours and friends know what we’re looking for and how they can help.
For more information or to offer help, please contact us.